LARA NADEZDA MELENCIO

LARA NADEZDA MELENCIO
This is Me. :D

Friday, November 20, 2009

My Weakness

I'm a sucker for people who love Van Gogh.
Don't you just love people who appreciate art?
Art doesn't need to be beautiful but it certainly needs to have emotions/feelings...



On the left is Vincent Willem van Gogh's painting entitled "Starry Starry Night". It it is the same one that  inspired Don McLean to write a song about this exceptional artist. 


Sure, this painting has lots of colors but can you see the sadness it emanates? This is one of my favorite Van Gogh paintings.

This is entitled "Sunflowers". This is my favorite Van Gogh artwork for it represents reality --- life. Notice the state of the sunflowers? Some of them are fresh, happy-looking and sunny while the others are either about to wither or are already dead.
I don't need to elaborate. You get the point, right?


As the song "Vincent" says, 
Have I told you, Vincent
this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you.
 If you love Van Gogh ----
then ---


ILOVEYOU :)

No comments: