LARA NADEZDA MELENCIO

LARA NADEZDA MELENCIO
This is Me. :D

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Party Madness

I was so exhausted from 2 weeks of straight partying. I don't want another sip of vodka or beer or any form of alcohol and nicotine for like a decade. As in seriously!! Forgive my raging social hormones... I wasn't able to update this site for more than 2 weeks (I know and I'm really sorry). It was just a bad couple of weeks... I'm reinventing my finances (Ha! As if there's something to reinvent) and of course I'm reinventing myself (fashion wise) although "reinventing" is not a very applicable term with what I'm doing...


I am getting back with the old "rock and roll scene"... Not the music though, I still love INDIE POP, it's just because of the crowd. I have come to a conclusion that all Metal Heads (especially guys) think highly of themselves. I am an art person and I thought music geniuses from local underground metal bands would share my passion. So, based on my own experience, Metal Heads hate poetry reading and indie films... and of course (forgive my dissing but I have to blurt out the truth), they suck... BIG TIME!!!!



Speaking of art and geniuses, here's a poster of the latest "IT" event this Friday. Yes, I'm going!
A former classmate sent invites on Facebook...


The invitation info:
UP Pi Omicron Fraternity’s 

INDIEMAND




Indiemand is an annual, open-field, walk-in, and independent film showing that showcases an array of artistic productions ranging from narrative, documentary, experimental and animated short films to full-length films produced by diverse yet creative and independent film makers from different institutions. It aims to provide film artists an opportunity to showcase their talents and to share their “slices of life” through the medium of film to a critical public audience. 


Indiemand 6 showcases an array of artistic productions that ranges from narrative, documentary, experimental and animated short films to full-length films produced by diverse yet creative aspiring and professional film makers from different disciplines, institutions and social classes. The event, in its 6th year, will be staged at the U.P. Lagoon area across the Faculty Center in the University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City on December 18, 2009, in time with the annual colorful festivity in the university, the historical Lantern Parade of U.P. Diliman Students, faculty members from different colleges and schools, artists from different disciplines and film enthusiasts alike composed the audience of the past five Indiemands since it begun in 2004.

See you guys! Will post pictures and details of the parties next time! :)) 

No comments: