LARA NADEZDA MELENCIO

LARA NADEZDA MELENCIO
This is Me. :D

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Twilight Saga

I wasn't paid to advertise the book -- though, subconsciously, i wish i was! :)

TWILIGHT...

What comes in your mind when you hear the word TWILIGHT?
Is it the movie? The book? The literal meaning? Some old memory?
I'm sure most of you will answer the first two and you are in fact correct.
Yes, I'm talking about the TWILIGHT MOVIE and BOOK...
Let's just say this is some kind of a movie review, personal opinion and my own recollection or whatever!


THE MOVIE..

The movie is OK. It's not GREAT but definitely OK. To be honest, I watched the movie first before buying the book. How stupid! Well, due to "A LOT" of deadlines (I am a writer by the way), I wasn't up-to-date with the latest Bestsellers. I had to see the line "the best book after Harry Potter" in the movie trailer before I understood that it was a book. How stupid! So, what about the movie?

Well, the movie hadn't stayed truthful with the book. There had been a lot of negative comments about that. Some fans didn't really like Robert Pattinson as Edward. But let's face it, the movie is a success right? I mean, of course the cinematic crew had to change some scenes from the book. How would the movie look like if Bella and Edward had been talking for like 30 minutes straight? That s*cks, right? So, they put a lot of action and drama at the same time.

To wrap this up, I'm giving it a 7/10 rating..



THE BOOK...

No other word can explain what the book is except AMAZING! The book is a product of a genius! Sure, it's a typical teenage love story but-- i have to admit -- it is the best! It isn't a story of UNREQUITED LOVE so it doesn't fit in my blog but it's all about Forbidden Love! I get excited whenever I hear the word "Forbidden"! Oooh... Deadly sins! Anyway, I just read the first book. The second book, NEW MOON, is almost finished (audio book because all the books were sold out! OUCH) The third installment for this 4-book saga is in my bookshelf waiting to be read. The fourth book? Nothing! Na-a. Na-da. Zero! Have to buy whenever there's stock!!!



Anyway, let's focus on only TWILIGHT. .
I envy Bella. I envy Isabella Marie Swan in every single detail. I want to be her. I envy her for having Edward. Edward is so sweet and charming and sweet and charming and sweet (oh, sorry.. got carried away). But he's really swee-- you know the rest. I envy the author, Stephenie Meyer. I envy her for she created a different kind of world - a world where I have lingered on ever since. I know it's ridiculous, but I am hoping that well, some parts of the book are true and that it can really happen. OH MY! Stephenie Meyer is really a talented writer. The book is SUPERB!!!


15 oranges for you Stephenie Meyer! Your my favorite author (Well, aside from JK Rowling, Margaret Atwood and Paulo Coelho)

No comments: