LARA NADEZDA MELENCIO

LARA NADEZDA MELENCIO
This is Me. :D

Monday, July 13, 2009

1960s

There's not much to say about this era. Obviously, I wasn't born in the 60s though if I was, I wouldn't waste my time writing about it like a spoiled 10 year-old.

So, 1960s... hmm?!... This is myfavorite decade. How come? Well, I love hippie music, the hippie scene and the earthly fashion. Kinda shallow right? Well, I love the earth, I love activism, I love dresses, I love music and most importantly, I love freedom. The 1960s is a much better decade compared to the so-called "drugs,sex and rock and roll" scene in the early 80s.

1960s is the decade wherein we appreciate the simple joys of life. It is the time when we value music and friendship more than any other. It is the time of unity and a little chaos because of fighting for what we believe in. It is the period of uniqueness -- the new age.

I've always wanted to be a hippie. Like I said, I love the fashion, the music and the environment. Oh, it would be a dream come true if I were to have been a teenager in the 60s!

Who wouldn't want a carefree life? Imagine living in a world where you don't have to worry what to eat, whatto do and never to follow the norms ofsociety. Indeed, it's utopia!

For me, 1960s rock! Don't Worry, BeHIPPIE!!!

No comments: